Research Results for the Academic 2017/2018
1.Books, Monographs, Chapter in Monograph
Department of General education:
- Dr. Aarati R Mujumdar (2017) Teaching English as Second Language: Theory and Praxis, Sage Texts, Sage Publications India Private Ltd. New Delhi.
Department of Business and economics:
- Dr. Nikola Stakic, Dr Dhramendra Singh, Dr Bashir Fida (2018), Comparing the Efficiency of National and Foreign Health Insurers in Oman, Financial Sector in Oman: Developments, Issues and Prospects, First Edition: January 2018, College of Banking and Financial Studies, Oman, ISBN: 978-99969-824-0-8
- Dr. Dharmendra Singh (2018), Stock Price Determinants: Empirical Evidence from Muscat Securities Market, Oman, : Firm Value - Theory and Empirical Evidence, Intech Open Ltd ,UK
2. Indexed and Peer reviewed journals.
Department of General education:
- Dr. Aarati R Mujumdar, Dr. Gitanjali Chawla (2018), Interview – In Conversation with Prof. Raj Kumar, Head, Department of English, Faculty of Arts, University of Delhi, India., FORTELL, Journal of Teaching English Language and Literature, January 2018, 36. ISSN. 2229-9244
- Catherine Baker (2018), BOOK REVIEW: Harrison, Richard (2017). Framework: Academic writing and critical thinking, FORTELL, JANUARY 2018, ISSUE 36. ISSN: Print 2229-6557, Online 2394-9244
Department of Business and economics:
- Dr. Carl Mark B. Miniano, Dr. Maria Christina Concepcion (2018), A Correlational Study on Internal Control System Efficiency and Operational Sustainability of Selected Saving and Credit Cooperative in the CAMANAVA Area of Metropolit Manila, International Journal of Scientific Research and Management, pp.420-430, Volume 6, Issue 5. (ISSN 2321-3418)
- Dr. Carl Mark B. Miniano, Dr. Marvin P. Adol (2018), Transcendence: Insights from the Leadership Journey of Twelve Former Presidents of a National Human Resource Managers Association, International Journal of Business and Management, pp. 329-336, Volume 6, (ISSN 2321-8916)
- Dr. Bashir Ahmad Fida, Dr. Umar Ahmed (2018), Role of Islamic Finance Industry in Oman’s Real Economic Growth & Development, International Journal of Recent Research Review, Vol.1, Issue. 11 Page 85, ISSN: 2277-8322
- Ayyappan Palanissamy (2017), Board Evaluation- A Critical Analysis, International Journal of Science, Engineering and Management (IJSEM), ISSN 2456 -1304) Vol 2, Issue 11, pp 24 – 29
- Baraa M. Abed, .Khalid Shaker, Hamid A. Jalab, Hothefa Shaker Jassim, A Hybrid Classification Algorithm Approach for Breast Cancer Diagnosis, IEEE Industrial Electronics and Applications Conference, IEACon 2016 (SCOPUS- Indexed)
- Dr. Umar Ahmed, Mustafa Omar Mohammed, Ismail Ahmed (2017), Investigating Customers Level of Awareness on Investment Accounts, Oman Journal of Applied Sciences, Vol. 6. Issue 1, pp 32 – 40.
- Dr. Umar Ahmed, Ahamad Faosiy Ogunbado, Yusuf Sani Abubakar (2017), Islamic Banking and Finance in Nigeria: Exploration of its Opportunities and Challenges, International Journal of Innovative Knowledge Concepts, 2017 5(8)
- Ayyappan Palanissamy, Dr R. Kesavamoorthy, Recent Developments in Legal Recognition and Validity of Electronic Contracts – A Critical Analysis, Research Journal of Social Science and Management, (The International Journal Research Publications Pte. Ltd., TIJ, Singapore), RJSSM (ISSN 2251-1571) Volume: 07, Number: 10, February 2018, pp 105 -112
- Dr.Venkat Ram Raj Thumiki, Ishikawa (Fishbone) analysis for understanding root cause of entrepreneurial failure in Sultanate of Oman, Ahead International Journal of Recent Research Review (AIJRRR), Special issue on Economic Growth in Oman amidst Oil Crisis: A diversified strategic approach, 1(11), May, 2017, 135-137
- Manish Yadav, Dr. Tarun Dhingara,(2018), Recent Development in “ Low Cost Carrier “ Research: A REVIEW, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF BUSINESS EXCELLENCE (IJBEX)
- Dr. Ravi Thirumalaisamy, Dr. Benjamin Christopher,(2018), Stockholder Wealth Maximization – A Myth or Reality?, Science International (Lahore),2017, 29(4), 995-1000, 2017 ISSN 1013-5316; CODEN: SINTE 8. [ISI indexed Journal]
- Ravi Thirumalaisamy, Farid Ramdhan Al Baloushi, (2018), The Relation Between Earnings, Earnings Distributed, Earnings Retained and Common Share Prices, European Journal of Business and Management, Vol.9, No.33. 2017.
- Ravi Thirumalaisamy, Growth Potential and Stockholder Value Creation, African Journal of Business Management- Accepted for publication, 2018
Department of Computer Science:
- Dr. Basant Kumar, Rashmi Dwivedi, Intelligent Speed Adaption (ISA): An Innovative Model Based Approach, International Journal of Electrical, Electronics and Data Communication (IJEEDC)
- Dr. Hotefa Shaker, Khalid Al Rasbi, Survey on Data-Centric based Routing Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks, Networking and Internet Architecture (cs.NI); Distributed, Parallel, and Cluster Computing (cs.DC), International Journal of Electrical, Electronics and Computers (EEC Journal), 2017, 2
- Dr. Hothefa Shaker Jassim, Salima Rashid Al Dhabooni MCBS master student, Survey: Security Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks, International Advanced Research Journal in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, Issue 5, May 2017, ISSN (Online) 2393-8021
- Dr. Hothefa Shaker Jassim, Ahmed R. Al-Breiki MCBS master students, Review of Wireless Sensor Networks: Challenges and Threats, International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology, Volume 3, Issue 2, February – 2018, ISSN No:-2456-2165, P 980 – 984
3. Proceedings from the Conference
- Raihan Taqui Syed, Sudha, N., Aisha, S., Human Resource Automation: Way forward for Enhanced Organizational Effectiveness?, 6th International Conference on Managing Human Resources at Workplace, SDM Institute of Management Development, (SDMIMD), Mysore, India, 8-9th Dec 17, ISBN Code 978-93-83302-19-2
- Raihan Taqui Syed, Incorporation of Case Approach in Teaching Entrepreneurship Course at Higher Education Institutions, Majan International Conference (MIC 2018), organized & hosted by Majan University College, Muscat, Oman, 19th & 20th March 2018
- Ayyappan Palanissamy, Robina Ahmed, Strengthening student skills in the 21st century - Effectiveness of case-study approach in law classes, Majan International Conference 2018Promoting Entrepreneurship & Technological Skills: National Needs, Global Trends ,19th & 20th March 2018.
- Shuhd Ahmed Yahya Al Maskari, Ayyappan Palanissamy, Dispute Resolution in Cyberspace – Recent Trends, National Conference on Alternative Dispute resolution in India – Issues and Challenges, September 9, 2017, organized by VIT School of Law, VIT University, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
- Dr. Hothefa Shaker Jassim, Muzna Al-Dowiki, Maryam Al-Wishahi, Comparison and Performance evaluation of single and multipath routing protocols in MANET using Network Simulator NS-2, Emerging Trends in Engineering and Management, Waljat college of Applied Sciences, November 13-14, 2017.