The Role of the Department of Student Affairs at MCBS
The Department of Student Affairs (DSA) is to support the academic and personal development of our students through a variety of programs that offer our students the opportunity to gain a greater understanding and appreciation of themselves, others, and the world around them while maintaining the core values of the Omani culture. DSA encourages professional, personal and academic success through a variety of programs such as student activities, community events, counseling, and career guidance.
The Department of Student Affairs provides
- resources for academic, social, and personal advising
- information about college procedures and policies
- information about student code of conduct procedure
- information about and support for the Student Council
- notification to faculty on students with valid absenteeism and sick leave
- support for students with concerns or in crisis
- assistance with conflict resolution
- accommodation/assistance for students with special needs or shot term needs
- Internships and training opportunities for students at different organizations.
- Workshops & seminars for professional development
- Opportunities for work placements.
- Industrial visits to different organizations in the capital.
- Information on variety of Student Activity Clubs