The Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science provides students with an essential background for studying the design and implementation of Computer System Software, Computer Architecture, and Computer Software Applications for Science and Business. The program emphasizes both computer system fundamentals and computer software applications. The required areas of study include Data Structures, Analysis of Algorithms, Assembly Language, Computer Architecture and Language Translation, Operating Systems and Specialized Electives.
Computers have become indispensable part of life from Home to Offices, Government, research and all umpteen numbers of areas in this universe. There is high demand of computer professionals and scientists in Oman, Gulf countries and rest of the world.
Graduates of this program can go for following options:
- System Analyst, Application and Database Programmers.
- Web programmer and designers
- System, Database and Network Administrators, Information System Manager
- Security, ERP Consultants
- Research and Development in Government/Private Organizations
- Higher Studies
- Degree endorsed by the University of Missouri, St. Louis (USA).
- Curriculum designed with input from local industry experts, College Academicians and the University of Missouri, St. Louis (USA).
- All students wishing to graduate with Bachelor Degree in Computer Science are required to successfully complete a total of at least 120 semester credit hours with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- During the final semester of the degree, students have to participate in capstone program which provides them with an experience that gives them opportunity to employ technical knowledge they have acquired and foster valuable teamwork skills by working on "real life" projects. Capstone program are done in conjunction with corporate, industrial or government clients/sponsors.
All students wishing to graduate with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science are required to successfully complete a total of at least 120 semester credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
Degree requirements are divided into the following categories:
- Communication Requirements(9 credits)
- Humanities Electives (9 credits)
- Social Sciences Electives (9 credits)
- Mathematics & Physics Requirements (19 credits)
- Physics (8 Credits)