The BSBA degree with the finance concentration will give graduates the knowledge to evaluate and recommend financial solutions effectively. The course contents combine concepts from management, economics and accounting with financial techniques essential in making sound business decisions. Graduates from this Program will acquire pertinent knowledge in Business Administration with specific exposure to financial practices and procedures in the corporate world. The main focus is on a number of concentration areas, including corporate finance, investments, financial institutions and services and personal financial planning.
- Degree is endorsed by the University of Missouri, St. Louis (USA).
- Curriculum designed with input from local industry experts.
- Strong industry links, workplace and off-site field trips.
- International faculty.
- Help in preparation for professional qualifications like Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), and ACCA.
Graduates from this Program can find career opportunities in different areas of banking and finance industry. They can work as a wealth manager, equity research analyst, fund manager in mutual funds, financial planner, and insurance advisors. In banking new graduates are employed in management positions in commercial and consumer lending, operations and branch banking.
Graduates of this Program can assist employers in:
- Managing their business and investment needs by monitoring and controlling the flow of cash receipts and disbursements
- Supervision and preparation of their financial reports
- Monitoring and guiding investment activities
- Wealth management and Insurance requirements of their clients
- Recognized General Education Diploma or its equivalent.
- English proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL-iBT 65.
Applicants who do not have official IELTS or TOEFL scores are required to take MCBS English Placement Test. Based on the scores obtained in this test, students are allowed to begin their credit courses or register in the foundation program.
Duration: any Bachelor degree requires about 8 semesters or 4 years
Total credits: 120
Program delivery: 12-15 credits per normal semester and 6 credits per summer semester
Courses: apart from courses closely related to the Program subject matter, students take general education and business courses (93 credits):
- Communication skills: 9 credits
- Humanities: 12 credits
- Science: 18 credits
- Math/Computer skills: 9 credits
- Natural Science: 3 credits
- Non-Business Electives: 9 credits
- General Business requirements: 33 credits