Bachelor in Airport Management is offered for students who wish to seek employment in this fast developing logistics sector. Curriculum covers the latest business practices and management techniques that will help graduates manage modern airports. The courses are especially designed to enhance their skills in handling the challenges of a growing air transportation sector and its rising demands.
- The only program of this kind in Oman.
- Theory-to-practice learning: regular site field visits in the first two years.
- Classes with practitioners.
- Internship at the airport.
- Additionally, MCBS offers IATA courses – internationally recognized certification.
Oman’s Air Transportation industry is undergoing a restructure of expansion with new airports in Sohar, Duqm and Ras Al Hadd, to complete a network of 5 airports. Graduates will have the opportunity to work in any of these airports as well as in the supporting aviation services such as airlines.
The graduates of this program can assist employers in:
- Supervision of airport facilities
- Expansion of the air network
- Making business decisions for the airport infrastructure
- Strategic planning and execution of future plans
- Finance and HR department
- Training and recruitment
- The aeronautical management services
- Customer service enhancement
- Recognized General Education Diploma or its equivalent.
- English proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL-iBT 65.
Applicants who do not have official IELTS or TOEFL scores are required to take MCBS English Placement Test. Based on the scores obtained in this test, students are allowed to begin their credit courses or register in the foundation program.
Duration: any Bachelor degree requires about 8 semesters or 4 years
Total credits: 120
Program delivery: 12-15 credits per normal semester and 6 credits per summer semester
Internship: placement on a 3-month internship
Courses: apart from courses closely related to the Program subject matter, students take general education courses
- Communication skills: 12 credits
- Humanities: 9 credits
- Social Science: 9 credits
- Math/Computer skills: 9 credits
- Natural Science: 3 credits
- General Business requirements: 21 credits