The world depends on effective economics. Economics is vital to every company in every country throughout the world. Students of BA in Economics will learn how to ensure economic success and sustainability of companies and countries.
The program covers business economics, Islamic economics and banking, financial market, labor economics, international trade and development, macro- and microeconomics. Students get a good training in mathematics and statistics in order to enhance their quantitative skills that are important for economists. The program includes classes in economic theories, models and systems and factors that affect economic decisions.
- Degree is endorsed by the University of Missouri, St. Louis (USA).
- Site visits to various industries.
- Senior research project for application of knowledge towards practice.
A Bachelor’s in Economics can lead to entry-level business careers in small, medium, large, local and international companies in all different industries for example education, financial services, tourism, manufacture, service sector, public and private organizations.
Students who major in economics graduate with knowledge and skills that are highly valued in the job market, these include:
- Understanding of mechanism of business organization economic systems and interaction of its institutions
- Analysing complex environment and completing research using quantitative and statistical methods of analysis
- Generation of innovative solutions to economic problems using theories of economics, including macro and micro international trade economic development
- Recognized General Education Diploma or its equivalent.
- English proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL-iBT 65.
Applicants who do not have official IELTS or TOEFL scores are required to take MCBS English Placement Test. Based on the scores obtained in this test, students are allowed to begin their credit courses or register in the foundation program.
Duration: any Bachelor degree requires about 8 semesters or 4 years
Total credits: 120
Program delivery: 12-15 credits per normal semester and 6 credits per summer semester
Senior project: a research project which will help to apply theoretical concepts in real economic situations
Courses: apart from courses closely related to the Program subject matter, students take general education courses
- Communication skills: 9 credits
- Humanities: 9 credits
- Social Science: 18 credits
- Math/Computer skills: 9 credits
- Natural Science: 3 credits
- Non-Business electives: 6 credits