MCBS signed a cooperation agreement with Franklin University, USA. Under the agreement, the Franklin MBA program will be taught at the MCBS campus. Classes will be taught in English by a combination of Columbus-based Franklin faculty members travelling to Oman and local faculty members from MCBS and other institutions. The Franklin MBA will be the first graduate program offered by the college and the first graduate American degree in Oman.
The success of the university – and its students, Franklin University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Chicago, USA and approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, Sultanate of Oman. It is also regulated by The Indiana Commission on Proprietary Education, 302 W. Washington St., Room E201, Indianapolis, IN 46201. In addition, the Franklin MBA has the distinction of being an accredited MBA by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located in Olathe, Kansas.
MCBS-Franklin MBA Program is designed for busy professionals interested in advancing their career while meeting the demands of a challenging workplace by increasing their level of competence and resolving increasingly complex business challenges. The program of study emphasizes theory to practice and the acquisition of lifelong learning skills essential in being personally and professionally effective in a world characterized by uncertainty and growing levels of complexity.
Goals of the Program
Provide a transformational process for students to:
- Improve their effectiveness in their current work and life role.
- Recognize and capitalize on their next major professional and personal opportunity.
- Identify and develop their potential for meeting future leadership challenges and make meaningful contributions in a world characterized by uncertainty.
- Communicate effectively in professional situations by applying appropriate written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Lead, manage, and contribute as a member to project teams.
- Employ tactical, operational, and strategic decision making and problem solving to organizational issues.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the workings of all aspects of an organization.
- Analyze business issues by applying multi-functional theoretical and practical perspectives.